ASSISTING VICTIMS IN GEORGIA & SOUTH CAROLINA
As a consumer, you are bombarded with product advertisements. When you purchase one of these items, you expect it to function safely and properly. However, millions of people have suffered from devices with manufacturing flaws that lead to injuries.
Augusta product liability lawyer M. Austin Jackson will hold the responsible party accountable for negligence that results in your harm after a defective product injury. If you want to learn more about your legal options after suffering a serious injury from a defective product, schedule a free consultation with us today.
WE CAN PROVIDE AN INITIAL CASE REVIEW AT NO COST TO YOU BY CALLING (706) 724-2661.
TYPES OF PRODUCT FLAWS
When a product has proven to be dangerous and caused a personal injury, it is possible for the injured party to recover damages.
A consumer product can be classified as defective for the following reasons:
- Marketing defects – a product fails to perform as advertised by the seller, has inadequate safety or warning labels, or lacks instructions.
- Design flaws – the product is inherently unsafe before construction even begins. The product has a failure at the design stage.
- Manufacturing error – defects are created during the product’s assembly.
EXAMPLES OF PRODUCT DEFECTS
As a consumer, you should check for any type of product recall before making purchases. Registering your product can make it easier for companies to contact you regarding any issues with your purchase.
Here are some of the most common examples of defective products:
- Defective vehicle parts – tires, airbags, ignitions, vehicle design, etc.
- Defective medical devices – hernia or vaginal mesh, knee or hip replacements, sleep apnea machines, pacemakers, etc.
- Defective drugs – diabetes drugs, heartburn medication, antidepressants, heart disease medication, etc.
- Defective workplace equipment and machinery – power tools, multimeters, welding tools, protective clothing, etc.
As a consumer, you have the right to expect products that are safe and function properly. Our Augusta product liability lawyers can help you identify if you have a case for any injuries sustained while using a defective product.
Why File a Product Liability Claim?
There are many reasons a consumer might sue a manufacturer after being injured by a faulty product.
- The injuries they’ve suffered could be serious and expensive. No one should be forced to foot the bill for injuries caused by someone else’s negligence.
- Filing a lawsuit could prevent others from suffering similar injuries. When manufacturers are faced with legal action, they might pull a dangerous product from the market. A lawsuit could also alert other consumers about the dangers they face.
- They want fairness and accountability. Though product liability claims can increase public safety and lead to compensation for damages, they also offer justice to those who have been hurt by a manufacturer’s negligence.
In many cases, an injured consumer doesn’t know for sure whether they have a viable claim until they speak with an experienced defective product lawyer. We strongly suggest reaching out to an attorney if you think you deserve compensation.
Hire an Augusta Product Liability Lawyer Today
Manufacturers typically have legal teams ready to deal with any lawsuits or product liability claims they’ll face. That’s why you need your own legal team fighting to get you the compensation you deserve.
If you’d like to speak to an experienced defective product attorney, contact Augusta product liability lawyer M. Austin Jackson to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation.
CONTACT US TO DISCUSS YOUR CLAIM DURING A FREE INITIAL CONSULTATION.